[squid-users] url-rewrite & digest authentication not working together

From: Mike Melson <mike.melson_at_caringo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:07:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

I'm having trouble using squid plus a url-rewrite-program as a reverse proxy to a system that requires digest authentication.

Digest authentication fails because the uri=<string> in the Authorization header isn't rewritten & so it doesn't match the POST URI created by url-rewrite-program. Is there a way to also rewrite the uri string in the Authorization header before squid sends it to the originserver?

If it helps clarify, I'm using curl to POST to squid as a reverse proxy to a custom web server. And, if I eliminate the url-rewrite-program authorization works fine.

e.g. [curl] --> POST /myfile.txt --> [squid (url-rewrite myfile.txt to <32-bit hex string>)] --> POST /<32bit-hex-string> --> [originserver]

Thanks,
Mike