[squid-users] Will Delayed Pools to help with squid fetching content?

From: Etienne Philip Pretorius <etiennep_at_kingsley.co.za>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:26:02 +0200

Hello List,

I am running Squid Cache: Version 3.1.3. and I wanted to cache windows
updates and applied the suggested settings from
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/WindowsUpdate but now I am
experiencing another problem.

It seems that while I am able to cache any partial downloaded files with
squid now, I am flat-lining my break out onto the Internet. I just
wanted to check here before attempting to implement delayed pools. As I
see it, it is squid fetching the file at maximum speed possible.

So my question is, if I implement delayed pools for the client
connections - will squid also fetch the files at those reduced rates?

Kind Regards,
Etienne Phillip Pretorius