Re: [squid-users] [ANNOUNCE] add the gzip feature to squid-2.7

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:42:58 +0200

On 22.07.10 11:43, Weibin Yao wrote:
> This patch add the feature of http compression on the fly for squid-2.7
>

> =STATUS=
>
> This patch is at its very early phase of development and considered
> highly experimental. But you're encouraged to test it out on your side
> and report any quirks that you experience.
>
> We need your help! If you find this module useful and/or interesting,
> please consider joining the development!

Perfect!

And now, can it fetch both gzipped and non-gzipped content from servers and
provide both gzipped and non-gzipped content to clients?
(so, can it do both compression and decompression on-the-fly?)

Also, does it work correctly with Etag: headers?

Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...