Re: [squid-users] authentical_ttl authentical_ip_ttl credentialsttl What is what?

From: Jenny Lee <bodycare_5_at_live.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:38:53 +0000

> > What you are describing is the violation behaviour created by using the
> > authenticate_shortcircuit_ip hack. Which forces Squid to make a
> > stateful link between IP and user credentials. The first set of
> > credentials received are used instead of challenging following requests
> > which are missing credentials. ie the second and third user to try and
> > access never get challenged to add their own usernames to their requests.
>
> I don't have any options neither in config nor in source files nor in cachemgr config output for shortcircuit.
>
> Squid is 3.1.0.15
>
> Thank you for this great tip. That is exactly the problem I am facing (I can assure you taht I did not have this problem with older squids as far as I recall). I will try with a newer version and see if the issue is reproducible or was a bug.
>
> Rest of your comments are appreciated Amos. As always, I pay great attention to them.

This issue was an IE8.0 problem.

Apparently, no matter what username you specify, it accepts the user and pass and sends fsck-all whichever random username you used before. Even a reboot does not help sometimes. Returning an Access Denied sometimes helps, sometimes does not. Duh! So many days I spent on this. It was obvious. No need to modify any squid values.