Re: Rv: Re: [squid-users] squid on windows xp

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:50:17 +0000

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:15:50 -0700 (PDT), Lomas es de Primera
<soymilrayita_at_users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> However, ping to the x.x.x.x is successful. Is there any other way I can
> correct this?

Not easily. It involves finding a fix for the route selection.

The problem is that squid can bind to the x.x.x.x as its outgoing IP but
it still runs through the OS route selection to send packets. This fixes
the bad selection of outgoing IP, but actual routing choices of what
interfaces are available/running cannot be fixed by Squid.

Amos