RE: [squid-users] Squid 3.1.5.1 --disable-ipv6 possibly not working?

From: Dean Weimer <dweimer_at_orscheln.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:27:37 -0500

The Base system still has IPv6 support; however some of the Bind DNS servers I am using do not, which causes a server failure when attempting to do an IPV6 AAAA name resolution request. This was causing some problems with configuring a parent server by DNS name on some other systems that are now in production. Disabling IPv6 in squid fixed those problems, I figured the 3.1.6 would be out before I was ready to put this system in production use and thought doing its configuration and testing with the 3.1.5.1 wouldn't hurt until then. Guess I could have waited one more day to start testing and I wouldn't have run into this problem, 3.1.6 is compiling on this system now.

Thanks,
     Dean Weimer
     Network Administrator
     Orscheln Management Co