Re: [squid-users] How does Squid prevent stampeding during a cache miss?

From: david robertson <dr_at_nevernet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:11:38 -0400

Thank you Henrik. I have one last question concerning
stale-while-revalidate, as the docs don't seem to answer it.

Say you set stale-while-revalidate to something like 30 minutes. Once
validation occurs, does squid continue to serve the stale content for
30 minutes (even though the object has infact been updated), or will
all new requests immediately be served the new, updated object?