[squid-users] squid 3.1.6 icap problem

From: John Doe <guest01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 19:30:55 +0200

Hi guys,

Today I wanted to upgrade from Squid 3.1.5 to Squid 3.1.6, but
unfortunately I ran into a few problems, one of them was an icap problem
(1), the other one is related to IPv6 (2) I suppose.
I am running RHEL5.5 64 Bit with a lot of RAM and a lot of CPUs.

(1) essential ICAP service is down after an options fetch failure
I don't have that problem with the same configuration file and squid
3.1.5, it occured after upgrading to 3.1.6 and icap does not work. Kind
of a showstopper, I don't have any logs yet, I am just curious if
anybody else can reproduce that? (I know it is difficult without further
details)

(2) comm_open: socket failure: (97) Address family not supported by protocol
I read that this is related to IPv6, so I tried to compile squid 3.1.6
with --disable-ipv6, but it did not change anything at all.

I have to debug these two problems tomorrow in more detail, are there
any ideas yet? I would appreciate any response,

thanks
regards