Re: [squid-users] Vary object loop?

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 20:01:00 +0200

mån 2010-08-02 klockan 22:34 +0200 skrev Ralf Hildebrandt:

> > Looks so from the log as Squid is "silently" restarted. Normally quite
> > a bit of details is logged on a crash, but your logs is silent about
> > any crashes just seeing restarts.
>
> Nothing is logged, yes.

The only silent restart case without -C that I know of is if hitting the
magic 2GB file limitation when running a 32-bit Squid without large file
support.

But I suppose that if you have other OS based limiations such as
limits/quota on CPU usage etc then similar conditions may occur if
hitting those.