[squid-users] redirecting rtmp requests to different websites based on host name

From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:36:35 +0530

Hi,

 I need some help.

I have multiple video streaming servers running on some machines
internally on LAN.

For different subdomains.
i.e.
site1.mydomain.com
site2.mydomain.com
site3.mydomain.com
site4.mydomain.com

I am not doing any load balancing these are different websites.
The video streams on these are served when a request comes as

rtmp://site1.mydomain.com
rtmp://site2.mydomain.com
rtmp://site3.mydomain.com
rtmp://site4.mydomain.com

I want to have all these servers hidden from the end user.
These requests be forwarded by some thing which is in front of all
these four servers.
What do I need to handle in this case ?

For handling HTTP requests in this case I use Apache Reverse Proxy
but for rtmp requests I am not clear as which direction to proceed.

If squid can help me in this case then let me know.