Re: [squid-users] How to prevent illegal activity on squid?

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:13:59 -0500

Le mercredi 11 août 2010 09:46:53, Al - Image Hosting Services a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a squid server setup to block objectionable content from the
> web. It is publicly available, and free. All anyone needs to do to
> use it is signup for a free account. The problem is that so far
> everyone who has signed up either wants to send spam through the
> squid proxy, go to sights that are banned in the country of their
> origin, or do something else illegal. What are all the different
> things that squid can be used for that are illegal and how do I
> prevent people from using it for that?
>
> Sincerely,
> Al
Let me undestand your question. You are saying that people is doing this:

1)
evil_user -> squid -> smtp server

they use CONNECT to go to other servers. And you can not block ports because
they are using standar ports such as 443 to listen a SMTP server?

2)
they internet activity is ilegal, by ilegal you mean downlaod warez for
example?

Please let me know if i misunderstood first your situation.

LD