Re: [squid-users] Squid not accepting username/password

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 03:03:06 +0000

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:16:48 +0300, "ciokan_at_gmail.com" <ciokan_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> I have a problem which occurs quite often on my server. It works for a
> few hours and then, all of a sudden, it stops accepting my
> credentials. It asks for a username and password, I enter it but it
> asks it again without an error or anything else. Anyone having this
> issue or a fix, hint something?

I expect a configuration problem with timeouts. Your browser, Squid and
the auth systems all cache certain types of credential tests internally for
a period.

What version of Squid and what configuration?
 (auth_param, extrenal_acl_type, acl, and http_access rules in order
please)

Amos