[squid-users] squid_kerb_ldap with specific SPN

From: Mark deJong <dejongm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:01:47 -0400

Hello,
I'm having some issue with squid_kerb_ldap in its handling of SPN's in
the specified keytab file. I'm hoping I'm just missing something.

I have a Windows Forest with multiple child domains, all trusting each
other. I'd like to have one SPN authorize users for all of the child
domains and not have to setup a user account in each domain tied with
a dedicated SPN for that domain. From previous posts that seems to be
the only solution when squid_kerberos_ldap looks for the users realm
and match that realm with one in the keytab file.

Is there not an argument like squid_kerb_auth has ( " -s <SPN>" )
where I can specify exactly which SPN to use to bind to ldap? Is there
another way? I read about setting [capaths] in krb5.conf but that
doesn't seem to help much.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Sincerely,
M deJong