Re: [squid-users] Squid and squidguard

From: donovan jeffrey j <donovan_at_beth.k12.pa.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:45:13 -0400

On Aug 12, 2010, at 12:10 PM, Mamadou Touré wrote:

> Hi,
> all when configuring squid for squidguard.
> we have :
>
> redirect_program /usr/bin/squidGuard
> redirect_children 10
>
> what mean redirect_children.
>
> and value should have for squid wich manage about 100 clients.
>
> regards.

it means how many squidguard instances should squid spawn.

/usr/local/bin/squidguard
/usr/local/bin/squidguard
/usr/local/bin/squidguard
/usr/local/bin/squidguard
/usr/local/bin/squidguard

watch your processes ie Top or netstat, and watch how many are being used. then you can adjust accordingly. 10 is usually just fine.
I have a case where i have thousands of connections so i run 100 redirects. Your squid logs will also tell you if your running out.

-j