[squid-users] Possible to cache linked content?

From: Scott Oyer <scott_at_ftcomp.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:28:27 -0500

Good afternoon,

I will preface this by saying I am a real newbie to squid -- but not linux.

We provide approved/safe video hosting to school districts. One of our
sales points is that we can provide approved links to youtube videos. Most
school district block youtube. We have recently run into a few filters
that are allowing our pages to be displayed (as we are on their filters
white list) but block the linked video because it is actually originating
from youtube and not our servers. I have been give the job of making this
work.

Since the link itself is on our site would it be possible to have our
system cache the video when the user clicks play and have it come from our
domain instead of another (or in this case youtube)?

Any and all help or suggestions is appreciated!

Scott Oyer