Re: [squid-users] ident authentication and follow_x_forwarded_for

From: Ricardo Pérez López <ricpelo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:06:46 +0200

Hi! I'm trying to set up the following configuration:

  Client => Squid A => DansGuardian => Squid B => Internet

Squid A does Ident authentication, and then forwards the request to the
DansGuardian with the following line in its /etc/squid/squid.conf:

  cache_peer 192.168.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query no-digest default
login=*:foobar

where 192.168.0.1:8080 is the DansGuardian's IP address and port.

Squid A correctly logs the Client's username in
its /var/log/squid/access.log file, which it's great. However,
DansGuardian doesn't log the username
in /var/log/dansguardian/access.log.

When I set up Ident authplugin in /etc/dansguardian/dansguardian.conf,
then DansGuardian logs "proxy" username into their logs, instead of the
correct user name. If I use another authplugin (proxy-basic,
proxy-digest, proxy-ntlm or ip), DansGuardian simply doesn't logs any
user name in their log files.

Is there a way to get DansGuardian logs the right username in their
logs, as Squid does? Is Squid giving the wrong username to DansGuardian?
May I fix the Squid's configuration?

Thank you very much in advance,

Ricardo.