Re: [squid-users] NTLM authentication login popups

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 17:18:37 +0200

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Tuan Nguyen <ug32tqn_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Authentication#How_do_I_prevent_Login_Popups.3F
>
> I have followed the above instruction but still getting login popups.
> Basically I'm trying to force "Access Denied" page displayed to
> unauthenticated users instead of the popup. Any help would be much
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> squid.conf:
> acl ntlmauth proxy_auth REQUIRED
> http_access deny ntlmauth all

If you change this to
http_access deny all

users failing to successfully authenticate at the first attempt will
get no login popups.
They will still get login popups if:
- the client is not joined to a domain
- the client is configured not to attempt automatica authentication to the proxy
- the clients is not MSIE or Firefox (not sure about other browsers)

--
    /kinkie