RE: Re: [squid-users] Microsft WCF net.tcp connections Squidable?

From: Bucci, David G <david.g.bucci_at_lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:14:52 -0400

>"net.tcp" appears to be what the rest of the world call TCP sockets.
>So no a socket descriptor cannot be transmitted over HTTP.

Ok, thanks. In research, I'm reading about people compiling Squid with SOCKS5 support ... would that enable socket-proxying within Squid? Or is there some creative way to generalize/leverage the FTP proxying support (since the control channel on an FTP session is a TCP socket, no?)?

If not ... may have to move to ssh tunnels or stunnel or something, for at least these connections -- and there are real disadvantages relative to Squid with doing that. Nuts.