Re: [squid-users] Modifying and redistribution of Squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 00:49:06 +0000

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:24:23 -0400, Ryan <ccrr.mcrr_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have modified squid and want to redistribute it. All I did was
> modify the configuration file but I saw this in the license: - You
> must notify IRTF-RD regarding your distribution of
> * the derivative work.
> How do I notify IRTF-RD?
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

This squid-users group has a general interest in the various ways they can
get Squid packages. If your package is for a specific operating system, or
use-case for the general public this is the place to mention all that.

The squid-dev mailing list is the best way to get hold of the major
copyright holders at present. Signing up there will also keep you informed
of future progress and developments as we add and plan things.

Depending on which Squid version you are re-packaging, Henrik Nordstrom
(Squid-2) and myself (Squid-3) are the project maintainers generating the
Squid source packages. squid-dev is the best open contact point for us or
any successors. For myself at least I like to know how Squid is being
packaged and collaborate to reduce all our workloads on any problems you
and your users find in Squid.

As has been said altering the config file is not exactly derivative. But
you must still comply with GPLv2 open-source requirements for the
redistribution in any form.

Amos Jeffries