Re: [squid-users] Http1.1 Squid 3.1.7

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:10:54 +1200

Jürgen Winkler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have updated to Squid 3.1.7 yesterday and we are using it as reverse
> proxy. Now I am asking you and myself if it is possible to use Http1.1
> to talk to the clients, in this case not the back ends " this works" but
> rather the web browsers.
>
> Is there anything i have to configure to make this possible ?

Um, both yes and no. 3.1 has been conditionally *able* to send HTTP/1.1
since the first stable release.
  We briefly advertised 1.1 to browsers but pulled that out again at
3.1.2 because chunked decoding was not quite up to a desired quality.
When that feature has been fixed 1.1 will be turned on.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1