[squid-users] R: [squid-users] "Stable" (non-experimental) SSL support in Windows version? Or anyone use Squid with stunnel?

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio_at_acmeconsulting.it>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:54:34 +0200

Hi,

> Googling that, all I find is the maintainer of the Acme
> Windows Squid package pointing out that that's why SSL is labeled
> "experimental".
>
> I checked, and ALL of the versions from Acme have this disclaimer.
(not
> casting blame)
>
> So . does anyone know of a Windows version of Squid that's in wide
use,
> using SSL, and known to be stable?

You have pointed the problem:
The SSL binaries that you are using are generated automatically, without
testing SSL functionality.
But really I don't know if they works, because nobody has reported any
kind of information to us in the last 2 years .....

Same thing happened with the 3.0.20 experimental build, so we assumed
that no reporting means non interest at all ...

I don't know how to help you, because I don't have any kind of knowledge
about OpenSSL on Windows.

Regards

Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
VMware Professional Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio_at_acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it