[squid-users] RE: EXTERNAL: Re: [squid-users] Using Squid with stunnel (encrypting all traffic from PC to pr

From: Bucci, David G <david.g.bucci_at_lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:09:13 -0400

> Idea is good, but most of webbrowsers don't support https to talk to
> proxies. Syou may do a local ssh tunnel if you haave privileges.

Thanks, Luis -- what I ended up with (topmost msg below) is an stunnel (similar to ssh tunnel), and the browser talk to the unencrypted endpoint on the PC (and the other endpoint decrypts and talks, also unencrypted, to the Squid proxy on the server:3128).

So basically what you describe, but using stunnel instead of ssh to construct the tunnel.