Re: [squid-users] performance question, 1 or 2 NIC's?

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 18:38:32 -0300

Em 28/08/2010 12:29, Andrei escreveu:

> I'm setting up a transparent Squid box for 300 users. All requests
> from the router are sent to the Squid box. Squid box has one NIC,
> eth0. This box receives requests (from clients) and catches content
> from the web using this one NIC on its one WAN port, eth0.
>
> Question: would it improve performance of the Squid box if I was
> receiving requests (from the clients) on eth0 and caching content on
> eth1? In other words, is there a benefit of using two NIC's vs. one?
> This is a public IP/WAN Squid box. Both eth0 and eth1 would have a WAN
> (public IP) address.
>

> I'm on a 12Mb line.

     Your limitation is your 12Mb line .... any decent hardware can
handle that with no problem at all. ANY 100Mbit NIC, even onboard and
cheapers/generics one, can handle 12Mbit with no problem at all.

     i really dont think adding another NIC will improve your
performance, given your 12Mbit WAN limitation.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues