Re: [squid-users] Can squid listen to multi-httpd-server on different port?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 03:31:24 +0000

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:55:48 +0800, "Sharl.Jimh.Tsin"
<amoiz.shine_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,everyone
> I have a squid proxy server on the front on port 80,and a Cherokee
> server with php Interpretator on port 81,squid listen to it.
> now,i just wonder that can squid listen to multi-httpd-server on
> different port together? such as nginx server on port 82 & lighttpd
> server on port 83,my original cherokee server on port 81.

"listen" is not a good word here. Squid only "listens" to visiting
browsers.

To answer your meaning, yes Squid can pass requests on to web servers at
once.

> I dispatch the request to the behind server by URL(via regular
> expression).For example, bbs.xxx.cn goto cherokee server, blog.xxx.cn
> goto lighttpd server etc.
> Well,can squid do it? if true,CAN SOMEONE give me a sample
> configure,or any useful hyperlink is appreciated.Thanks.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/MultipleWebservers

If you meant squid acting as a normal proxy do this, the answer is still
yes. Just add the strange ports to your Safe_ports ACL.

Amos