Re: [squid-users] performance question, 1 or 2 NIC's?

From: George Herbert <george.herbert_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 01:54:22 -0700

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
>[...]
>  For a faster internal connection and slower Internet connection you can
> look towards raising the Hit Ratio' probably the byte hits specifically.
> That will drop the load on the Internet line and make the whole network
> appear faster to users. The holy grail for forward proxies seems to be 50%,
> with reality coming in between 20% and 45% depending on your clients and
> storage space.

For what it's worth, at Large Telco Smartphone Provider Which Will Not
Be Named, all of our Squids routinely exceeded 40%, with many of them
over 50% for a whole day or so. The only major burps there were
having to reboot them for now-fixed internal errors.

That was 1m active users, though...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert_at_gmail.com