[squid-users] Squid 2.7 and 206 requests

From: Marcello Romani <mromani_at_ottotecnica.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:46:20 +0200

Hi,
     I have squid2.7STABLE3 running on a debian system.
I have a partially downloaded ISO file, and I'd like to finish the
download without restarting it from scratch.
I'm using wget with -c option.
When squid sees the 206/partial content response from the server hosting
the ISO file, it starts downloading the entire file from the beginning.
wget doesn't receive nothing in the meantime.
After some time, wget decides that the request has timed out, so retries
the download issuing a new request, which of course receives another 206
response, causing squid to start a new download of the entire ISO file
from byte 0.
And so on...

The only solution (since I cannot bypass the proxy) is to avoid using
the -c option, and do a full download instead of a partial one.

So it seems that squid2.7 doesn't support 206 requests.
Is this a missing feature or is there some config option I should look at ?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

--
Marcello Romani