Re: [squid-users] Building from bzr repo

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:39:21 +0000

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:33:21 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt
<Ralf.Hildebrandt_at_charite.de> wrote:
> 1) When I do an initial checkout OR bzr update, I'm getting:
>
> # bzr update
> Doing on-the-fly conversion from RepositoryFormatKnitPack1() to
> RepositoryFormatKnitPack6().
>
> This may take some time. Upgrade the repositories to
> the same format for better performance.
> Tree is up to date at revision 10807 of branch
> http://bzr.squid-cache.org/bzr/squid3/trunk
>
> Why is that?

Our upstream repository format is aging a bit. It was due to be upgraded a
while back, but seems not to have happened yet.

> 2) How exactly do I proceed after the bzr checkout?

After checkout the next step is bootstrap.sh to build all the in-tree
auto-tools bits. Just ensure that you have libtool 2.2+ and autoconf 2.62+
or the result will not work properly. This is also needed to be run anytime
you change the .in and .am scripts in a working branch.

Amos