Re: [squid-users] Kerberos / SASL for squid_ldap_group

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 03:11:26 +0000

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:32:51 +0200, Maxim Burgerhout <maxim_at_wzzrd.com>
wrote:
> Of course I just bumped into that little gem *after* I sent the
>
> It has the downside of not being included in, or supported by
> downstream distro's though. The major upside of having Kerberos
> support in Squid's ldap_group helper would be the fact that downstream
> distro's (the Red Hats, Canonicals and Novells of this world) would be
> more likely to support it. But I just checked out the squidkerbldap
> project, and it seems to work ok. The fact it handles the Kerberos
> cache in memory is especially nice.

... yet. Markus submitted it for bundling and its just passed our upstream
QA. It hit Squid-3.2 beta bundles under the name
ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl as of a few days ago. Along with a lot of
Kerberos support in other auth-related areas of Squid and associated tools.

Amos