[squid-users] Allow or deny HTCP CLR

From: Thijs Stuurman <Thijs.Stuurman_at_nxs.nl>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:35:10 +0200

Squid users,

I am replacing ICP with HTCP in a configuration with 2 and one with 4 squid servers.
When testing I can see that besides the HTCP_TST neighbor cache hit test it sometimes sends a HTCP_CLR to purge content on a neighbor.
What I do not know is when or why it does this and if I want this behavior?

All the documents I can find and information only covers HTCP_TST.
Also I have read about warnings on forwarding HTCP_CLR commands because it might create a loop.
It does seem to be what I would want when using 4 servers, does anyone have any experience with this?

Kind regards,

Thijs Stuurman
System Administrator
Security Officer