[squid-users] RE: Two squid servers to talk to each other before the internet

From: Tóth Tibor Péter <tibor.peter.toth_at_mtv.hu>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 12:49:42 +0200

> Is there a way to check if squids are talking to each other?

The access.log of each proxy will contain entries for messages going to
and from the sibling.

On a basic setup like you have so far, expect to see SIBLING hit/miss
codes sometimes. UDP_SIBLING_* are the ICP messages flowing between the
siblings as they check whether the other has an object. TCP_SIBLING_HIT
are the actual HTTP reply objects being fetched.

Amos

Hi Amos!

I dont see anything inside of the access.log about the SIBLING. Could it be the log level somewhere? Or something is configured wrong?
In fact I only see logs starting with TCP_(MISS/200, REFRESH_UNMODIFIED, IMS_HIT/304, MEM_HIT/200, TCP_HIT/200, etc...) Nothing with UDP_

What can be wrong?

Tibby