Re: [squid-users] Re: I need help with url_regex

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:48:15 +1200

On 09/09/10 16:02, devlin7 wrote:

> Thanks, so you are basically saying I am wasting my time?

No, I'm saying avoid regex as much as possible. And if you are stuck
like this where you have to use it, be very careful that you know how
the patterns actually work.

> I worked out why it wasn't working. The wildcards just aren't acceptable. I
> assume this is something to do with Squid running on windows.

Squid bundles with its own version of the regex library when a working
one is not available. I didn't see any wildcards (*, +, .* and .+) in
those patterns. Just any-char (.) and optional-item (?) codes.

The request you exampled should have worked if you had used \. and \? in
the regex file patterns.

These are POSIX extended regular expressions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression#POSIX

Amos

--
Please be using