Re: [squid-users] forwarding port changed based on url

From: foobar devnull <foobar2devnull_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:39:06 +0200

squid-users_at_squid-cache.org, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> On 09/09/10 01:22, foobar devnull wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I tried to look for an answer to this probably simple question via the
>> "mailing list search" but it seems to be down and google was of little
>> help.
>>
>> I have the following setup:
>>
>> I have a squid server setup as a reverse proxy and serving a vm with
>> multiple domains/websites.  One of these websites offers an ssl
>> connection on port 443 and a second ssl connection on port 6066 for
>> the admin interface.  both ports point to www.foobar.com
>>
>> I'd like to be able to do the following with squid
>>
>> wwwadm.foobar.com:443 -->  [squid] -->  www.foobar.com:6066
>> www.foobar.com:443 -->  [squid]-->  www.foobar.com:443
>>
>> Can this be done?  If so, I'd be grateful if you could point me to the
>> appropriate documentation or give me a simple example to work from.
>
> The answer is two questions:
>  can you make a wildcard cert for both those domains?
> or,
>  can you assign each its own IP and certificate?
>
> Squid can be configured as an HTTPS reverse proxy to do it either way. It's
> a standard virtual-host setup with ssl added, differing only in the
> receiving https_port settings.
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/VirtualHosting
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/MultipleWebservers
>
> Amos
> --
> Please be using
>  Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE9 or 3.1.8
>  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2

Hi Amos,

I read the documentation you sent me and you had a very good point
regarding the need for a wildcard certificate but I am still looking
for a solution to my question which is basicaly...

can squid reformat the url and port to match the target vm?

The request is made to
wwwadm.foobar.com:443
and passed through the reverse proxy to the vm listening on
www.foobar.com:6066

both ports use ssl of course.

Any help is appreciated. I can't seem to find any information on the
forwarding (and changing) of ports.

Thanks!