Re: [squid-users] processing many squid log files

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:33:46 -0300

Em 10/09/2010 18:33, Enrique escreveu:
> Hello all
> This question maybe is not relational with squid but maybe some one
> has the answer.
> how to pass various squid.log to sarg log analyzer ???
> I have a lot log file of squid and I need make the respective reports
> but is difficult to make one by one.
> by now I have created a list of file logs and made a script with one
> line by one file and work.
> thanks

     you can use some bash tricks for that .... for example

cd /whatever/your/logs/are
for log in $(ls acc*); do
    sarg -zxl $log;
done

     that would issue the 'ls acc*', get all returned files and run
'sarg -zxl' on each one of them. As sarg support bzip2ed/gzipped files,
this command will even work if you have compressed (bzip2 and gzip) and
uncompressed files mixed on the same directory.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues