Re: [squid-users] Re: squid client authentication against AD computer account

From: Manoj Rajkarnikar <manoj.rajkarnikar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:59:03 +0545

Thanks for the quick response Marcus.

The reason I need to limit computer account and not user account is
that people here move out to distant branches and the internet access
policy is to allow to the position they hold, and thus the computer
they will use.

I've successfully setup the kerberos authentication but I don't see
how squid will fetch the computer information from client request and
authorize it based on the group membership in AD. What I wish to
accomplish is:

1. create a security group in AD
2. add computer accounts to this security group
3. squid checks if the computer trying to access internet is member of
this security group.
4. if not, don't allow access to internet or request of AD user login
that is allowed.

I'm not sure if this is achievable.

Thanks for the help.
Manoj