Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy, what to do with requests to it's IP addres?

From: Jordon Bedwell <jordon_at_envygeeks.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:57:41 -0500

On 09/15/2010 08:12 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Then you face the problem of what the real web servers do with
> http://10.0.0.0/something or whatever the IP is. Most likely you see a
> fancy error page saying Host does not exist with the server logo and
> server details.
> Amos

I don't get what you're trying to say. I suggested he redirect any IP
based entries to the hostname, I do it on all my servers, and doing so
would not cause *any errors*, there are certain cases where the error
would happen, but not in the context I suggested it and if it did, it
would be caused by improper configuration.