Re: [squid-users] WCCP + Squid with Cisco 2811. Not working

From: Chris Abel <cabel_at_wildwood.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:03:37 -0400

Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> writes:
>What does the following say about the wccp interface?
>
> ip tunnel show wccp0
> ip addr show dev wccp0
>

>One thing about WCCP/GRE. Make sure that the router sends it's GRE
>packets with the source & destination address you think it's using. The
>gre tunnel definition must match this. Depending on router model and
>version it's not always entirely obvious which address the router will
>be using for the WCCP GRE traffic.
>
>The GRE tunnel addresses used by the router is easily visible with
>
> tcpdump -n -p -i eth0 proto gre
>
>If you also see TCP packets on the wccp0 interface then the GRE tunnel
>is defined correctly.
>
> tcpdump -n -p -i wccp0
>
>If you see GRE packets on eth0 but no TCP packets on wccp0 then the GRE
>tunnel is not correctly defined.

Wow, thank you both for all the help. Sometimes it is the simplest of
things. I am embarrassed to say that the problem was the squid wiki uses
port 3129 and the default squid port is 3128 :(. Also I found that my
Ubuntu server for what ever reason didn't work with the iptables rules
supplied in the wiki. I instead used this:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wccp0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.0.21:3128

I am so sorry to have wasted your time, but you both have taught me a lot
and hopefully I won't need anymore help with this issue. :)

Thanks again!
Chris

Chris Abel
Systems and Network Administrator