Re: [squid-users] Re: Persistent Server connections, pipelining and matching responses

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:21:00 +0200

mån 2010-09-20 klockan 14:12 -0700 skrev cachenewbie:
> Thanks for the response. I should have clarified further. See inline below/
>
> > If we queue each request and send it after receiving the response for the
> > previous one, we should be okay.
>
> [Henrik]How would that make you do okay?
> ---> I meant that there is no problem in matching request to response if
> they are "sequenced" to the server as one transaction after another.

Squid always does that, but for other reasons.

There is no trouble matching responses to requests even if you send 1000
requests before receiving the first response.

> Isn't it impossible to match the response to the request

No. First response is always finished before next response is sent.

If the client wants to abort the response to the first request then it
has to drop the TCP connection thereby telling "no longer interested in
that".

A HTTP client can not modify a request already sent.

video streaming maps very poorly on HTTP when you start doing seeks etc.