Re: [squid-users] DNS config - squid

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:36:37 +0200

On 16.09.10 00:46, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> No its not.
>
> Fundamentally there is no point to it. The visitor will never be using
> the DNS lookups squid performs. *Squid itself* will be the client when
> fetching the data from servers those results produce.

Not mentioning that different replies from different servers would cause
squid cache different content as if it would be the same, since squid does
not differ content this way. It can differ based on HTTP headers, but not on
server the answer came from - there are many webs balanced on multiple IP
addresses and we must always assume that content is the same, unless HTTP
headers differ (and Vary: indicates which)

If you need something similar, you should set up multiple squid instances with
different caches.

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.