[squid-users] aufs versus ufs ?

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:57:29 -0400

I know this was probably asked before, but... I suppose this is more of a stability versus performance question...

Whenever I use "aufs" for disk caching, even without RAID (Test/QA versus PROD), I keep getting this message:
(Running Squid-3.1.8)

Sep 21 12:14:36 test-proxy squid[32116]: squidaio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion

Whereas Google'ing this error in the past, people recommend changing over to "ufs" (The Default) to correct this error, so switched all of my PROD proxies to "ufs".

Has there been a "fix" found for this error? If so, point me in the right direction.

Chad E. Naugle
Tech Support II, x. 7981
Travel Impressions, Ltd.

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.
Thank you."