[squid-users] One slow Website Through Proxy

From: Dean Weimer <dweimer_at_orscheln.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:13:23 -0500

I am running squid 3.1.8, and have one website that pauses for about 1 to 2 minutes before loading. The website is www.pb.com (PitneyBowes). There are no errors logged in the cache.log file, and nothing unusual in the access.log file. I have even done network packet captures and don't see anything unusual. The website responds fine when bypassing the proxy and every other website appears to be fine through the proxy server.

I have tested with both IE and Firefox, using my default wpad.dat script with auto detect and manually specifying the proxy server with no change. And even tried turning HTTP/1.1 through proxy servers on and off at the browser, nothing seems to affect its behavior.

Can any of you confirm whether or not this website is slow through your setups, or have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks,
     Dean Weimer
     Network Administrator
     Orscheln Management Co