Re: [squid-users] PHP Captive portal and squid.

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:20:32 -0400

I don't know if there is a helper already written to do what you are looking for, but have you looked into existing external_auth based helper programs?

Chad E. Naugle
Tech Support II, x. 7981
Travel Impressions, Ltd.

>>> Landy Landy <landysaccount_at_yahoo.com> 9/27/2010 2:08 PM >>>
Hello everyone.

I would like to create a captive portal using PHP where it would authenticate the user based on IP address and status. I tried using php socket and redirect traffic to it with ip tables. I'm having some problems since I can't get the customer ip address.

Now, I would like to know if there's a way to create a script to go along with squid that would help me accomplish this and how to use squid to use the script. For example:

customer =====>>> router/gateway/squid =======>>>> internet
                      PHP Script doing auth
                           if ok then allow to internet

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.
Thank you."