Re: [squid-users] PHP Captive portal and squid.

From: Landy Landy <landysaccount_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:17:32 -0700 (PDT)

> What's the reason that you can't get the customer IP
> address?
>
> If you can find a way to get the IP address, then you could
> use the
> following (which uses iptables and PHP):
>
> http://www.andybev.com/index.php/Using_iptables_and_PHP_to_create_a_captive_portal
>
> Andy

Thanks for replying.

I actually looked at that page before and got ideas from it. It lacks some other things I would like to add the captive portal: I would like to get the page the user intended to go to and after doing the authentication on another server have the user continue to the intended page or redirect to a "disconnected due to payment" page.

This is easily done with NoCatSplash but is written in perl and I need some php script to do this.