Re: [squid-users] lighttpd and dirs with with mod_auth

From: Bob Kromonos Achten <kromonos_at_user-helfen-usern.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:20:02 +0200

Am 29.09.2010 13:24, schrieb Amos Jeffries:
> On 29/09/10 20:09, Bob Kromonos Achten wrote:
>>
>> I have a "little" problem with my lighttpd server, reaching over squid
>> web proxy.
>> When I configure browser, to use proxy, I could?'t enter username and
>> password for mod_auth secured directorys. I directly get a "Not
>> authenticated" error.
>> What do I need to configure in squid.conf to such a folder correctly?
>>
>> Another problem is, that facebook chat did?'t work with use of a squid
>> web cache proxy. Need help there too, to configure squid correctly.
>
> What do you expect us to say?
> * The default access controls all permit these things to work.
> * mod_auth, lighthttpd and other such www server authentication is not
> related to Squid and passed through untouched.
>
> Amos
yay, you're right .. problem with mod_auth was gone .. thank you for
hinting me to www server authenication ..
I had request_header_access WWW-Authenticate deny all in my
configuration .. also reply_header_access WWW-Authenticate deny all.

Just the facebook chat application don't want to work -.-
I've attached my squid.conf file. Maybe you can see my fault there I made.