RE: [squid-users] Squid detecting wrong Windows User

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:15:15 +0000

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 01:58:34 +0200, "Alex Marsal"
<alex.marsal_at_carglass.es>
wrote:
> It happens in every single request made by the user. But just with
> internet explorer and with the same computer.
>
> Same user another computer, works ok.
>
> Any idea Amos?
>
> Thank you

Seeing this all the time is pretty clear that something is actually
sending Squid the wrong credentials. Squid does not detect as such, but
sends out challenges indicating "send me your credentials or go away".

What may be happening varies wildly depending on what authentication
systems are in use. Do you know which ones are you working with? and is
IDENT protocol, cache_peer directives or external_acl_type helpers
supplying credentials in any other way?

And which versions of Windows, IE, and Squid?

The simplest would be if IE was using cached credentials from that
proxyadmin user in it's browser password manager.

Amos

<alex.marsal_at_carglass.es>