[squid-users] Squid Start service & chkconfig error....!

From: M. Asghar Nazir <asghar_nazir_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:16:43 -0700 (PDT)

Respected All, I have complie squid from latest stable version File "squid-3.1.8.tar.gz". using ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid --enable-arp-acl --enable-delay-pools --enable-linux-netfilter --disable-ident-lookups When I try to run manualy start using command >>> /usr/localsquid/sbin/squid Squid run fine and I am able to use It from any web browser using proxy setting with port 3128. But when I try to manually start with >>>>>>>  service squid start [root_at_proxysrv ~]# service squid start squid: unrecognized service I also want to configure it for autostart at startup of server. It give me  following error [root_at_proxysrv ~]# chkconfig --add squid error reading information on service squid: No such file or directory [root_at_proxysrv ~]# Any body can help me to setup squid which is able to start/stop with service command & also configure for autostart using chkconfig --level 345 on. Waiting your earliest reply. Regards, Asghar