Re: [squid-users] Squid and facebookchat

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 18:41:08 +1300

On 01/10/10 17:27, Bob Kromonos Achten wrote:
> Am 30.09.2010 22:23, schrieb John Kennedy:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 15:58, Bob Kromonos Achten
>> <kromonos_at_user-helfen-usern.de<mailto:kromonos_at_user-helfen-usern.de>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> My problem is, that facebookchat seems not working with using squid as
>> proxy.
>> See http://uhuc.de/fbsquid.png for an example.
>> One browser, Firefox 3.6.10 not using squid as proxy -> Chat works
>> Second browser, Chromium 7.0.527.0 using squid as proxy -> Chat doesn't
>> work.
>>
>> My configuration is attached.
>> Hope, someone could help me.
>>

>> Are you sure it is a squid problem and not a Chromium one? Have you
>> tried using Chromium without going through squid?
>>
>> --
>> John Kennedy
>>

> Jup. Firefox using squid -> Chat doesn't work
> Chromium not using squid -> Chat works

Congratulations. You somehow have found the recipe that has eluded many
admins so far.

The only thing in that config that might have any effect is the
User-Agent replacement.

NP: all the settings you have under "# squish settings" do not have any
effect since they are following a "http_access deny all".

It might be something in the squidi.kromonos.net proxies configuration
if the FB channel .js requests are going there. Or something in the
browser settings disabling javascript which the chat is written in.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2