[squid-users] got NTLMSSP command 3, expected 1

From: guest01 <guest01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 08:48:08 +0200

Hi guys,

At first I have to appologize for starting a new thread concerning this message:

[2010/10/01 12:29:45, 1] libsmb/ntlmssp.c:ntlmssp_update(334)
got NTLMSSP command 3, expected 1

I know that it has been discussed previously and I read almost all of
the answers but I did not find any solution. Maybe I missed an
acceptable answer or maybe there are new infos concerning this topic?

Anyway, I am using Squid 3.1.8 on RHEL5.5 with NTLM authentication
(Server is joined to AD2003 domain) and this message appears in my
cache.log-file multiple times (at arbitrary times). I don't really
know why or how to prevent it, a few posts said that it is a client
issue or that we could use authenticate_ip_shortcircuit_ttl on Squid
(<3.x). My browsers are IE, FF, Chrome on WinXP SP3, unfortunately, I
don't know which client causes the problem and neither do I know any
possibility to prevent that problem from occur, has anybody any ideas?

(I could switch to Kerberos, this may solve the problem. Even if it is
a much more secure and better solution, I would prefer a different
solution)

thanks
best regards
Peter