[squid-users] Strange problem with Monkey HTTP Daemon, Squid 3 and localhost

From: Simón <simon_at_simonbcn.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 16:13:12 +0200

  Hi,
     I have installed Squid 3.1.8 compiled from sources + Squid-Prefetch
+ Bannerfilter (http://phroggy.com/bannerfilter/) + Monkey HTTP Daemon
(http://www.monkey-project.com/) on Ubuntu 10.04 32 bits.
     My squid config is:
——————————————————————————————

    acl manager proto cache_object
    acl localhost src 127.0.0.0/8
    acl localnet src 192.168.1.0/24

    acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.1
    acl to_router dst 192.168.1.1

    acl Safe_ports port 80

    http_access allow manager localhost
    http_access deny manager

    http_access allow localnet
    http_access allow localhost

    always_direct allow to_localhost
    always_direct allow to_router

    http_access deny !Safe_ports
    http_access deny all

    http_port 3128 transparent

    cache_mem 512 MB
    cache_dir ufs /var/cache/squid 20480 16 256
    coredump_dir /var/cache/squid

    url_rewrite_program /etc/squid/bannerfilter/redirector.pl
    url_rewrite_children 10

    half_closed_clients off
    server_persistent_connections off
    client_persistent_connections off

——————————————————————————————

Monkey HTTP Daemon listen petitions at 127.0.0.1:80
Bannerfilter is configured to serve its replacement files (to replace
the ads) from http://127.0.0.1/bannerfilter/
Well, this works but, and this is the strange, it works even if "Monkey
HTTP Daemon" is closed!! O_O

I have cleared the Squid cache with:
——————————————————————————————

    sudo service squid stop
    sudo rm -Rf /var/cache/squid/*
    sudo squid -z
    sudo service squid start

But it still works without webserver!
After, I have reset the PC (disabling "Monkey HTTP Daemon" start) and
Squid still works with Bannerfilter but without webserver!
Moreover, I have modified several HTML files, in directory containing
the HTML and graphics files of Bannerfilter, but Squid shows the old files!

I don't understand nothing. How can be this possible!?

By other hand, I can't access to localhost directly from browser (with
or without "Monkey HTTP Daemon").
Regards.