[squid-users] Hardware Load Balancer, Transparent Proxy

From: AZHAR CHOWDHURY <azhar_at_banglalion.com.bd>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:38:35 +0600

Dear Expert,

I am planning to purchase a hardware load balancer (Barracuda) HTTP
traffic to use with min two Squid server
rs.Need help how to do it : My plan to do network scenarios as follows:

Central Switch---(policy based routing : dest : 80) to hard load
balancer) ----switch=>two Squid Proxy servers (transparent
proxy)=>INTERNET

On above case, conditions
1. Subs should not know 80 traffic going through Proxy servers (transparent).
2. Hard load balancer as I don't have WCCP1, WCCP2 option
3. More than 1 Proxy server in network.

Need suggestions:
1. How can I deploy hard load balancer?
2. How INBOUND and OUTBOUND port 80 traffic will works in Squid servers
3. Should I use TPROXY, if so, I will use it in and out interface with
client and Internet traffic?

TIA,
Azhar Chowdhury