Re: [squid-users] reverse proxy

From: Adrian Dascalu <adrian.dascalu_at_eea.europa.eu>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 20:49:32 +0200

  On 10/7/2010 7:39 PM, Nick Cairncross wrote:
> behind my ADSL router. Squid would be listening on, say, 80
> >>to incoming requests. ADSL router would be port forwarding 80 to it. I
> >>have a machine which runs a lot of web browseable add-ons all listening
> >>on different ports (nzb, image library, my EPG for XBMC etc). My setup
> >>would be similar to: I own foo.com. If I browse tohttp://nzb.foo.com
> >>traffic would be proxied to my linux box nzb handler, the nzb app would
> >>be listening on port 8800 but it would ...

All you need is an apache server configured with name virtual host
directive and the virtual hosts configs will use mod_proxy to fetch
content from the backend servers using internal IPs and ports.

I guess it can also be done with squid. You can declare more than one
parent to the same ip IF you declare a name for it.